KCC's Wo Learning Champions and the Professional Development Committee are pleased to announce that WILD (Wo Innovations in Learning Day) will be held on Friday, March 5, 2010 from 8am- 3pm. The theme this year will be: Get WILD About Sustainable Living!
The deadline to submit your registration form (see attachment) to Rebecca Thompson in the Financial Aid Office is Wednesday, February 24, 2010. You will receive an extra Professional Development Buck if it is submitted on time!
Here is this year's schedule:
8:00 am - Coffee and Lite morning refreshments
8:30 am - 9:45 KCC Campus Sustainability Forum coordinated by Chancellor Cox
10:00 - 10:45 WILD Breakout Sessions
11:00 - 11:45 WILD Breakout Sessions
Noon - 1:00 pm (Optional Lunch asking $5 to help supplement costs)
1:15 - 3:00 AAA (Annual Assessment Afternoon) coordinated by Assessment Committee
Here are the workshops for this year's WILD Breakout Sessions:
- Composting for Your Home Garden - Presenter: Jimmy Trujillo
- Bicycle Basics - Presenter: Bruce Orth of Kauai Cycle
- KCC Garden Tour - Presenter: Glenn Hontz
- Saving Energy Costs At Home - Presenter: KUIC
- Recycling: Why Do It, Where Does It Go, and How Does it Save Our Campus Money? - Presenter: John Harder of Zero Waste Kauai
This year's AAA (Annual Assessment Afternoon) will be focusing on program-level assessment (for instructional and non-instructional programs). Watch for more details on times and places coming soon from your division's assessment committee representative!
This is a non-instructional work day for UHCC faculty and staff for professional development.