One Stop Center, room 1033-1901 Kaumualii Hwy
Lihue, HI 96766
Phone: (808) 245-8306
Fax: (808) 245-8220 (Attn: Test Center)
Hours: Summer 2015 (starting May 18)
NOTE: We do not provide evening hours during the summer.
Mon: 8:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Tues: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:15 pm - 4:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 11:00 am, 12:15 pm - 4:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:45 pm - 4:00 pm
(Schedule subject to change without notice.)
Special hours: 7/22/2015 - 7/31/2015
7/22/15 - 8:15 am - 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
7/23/15 - 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
7/24/15 - 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
7/27/15 - 8:00 am - 11:30 am, 1:15 pm - 4:00 pm
7/28/15 - 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
7/29/15 - 8:00 am - 11:30 am, 1:15 pm - 4:00 pm
7/30/15 - 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
7/31/15 - 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Call 245-8306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (at least two business days in advance).
Your first and last name
Course & teacher (like Math 100, Ms. Chi)
Your date of birth or UH username or UH student ID#
Day & time you would like to take your exam
Your phone number
Someone will confirm your appointment or suggest another time if requested time is unavailable.
For placement tests, please call Counseling & Advising at 245-8212.
Test proctoring is by appointment only. The Test Center is sometimes reserved by groups for private use and testing. At these times proctoring services will not be available. The Test Center is also used for COMPASS placement testing. Seating is often very limited near the beginning and end of the semester. A calendar with private use and compass testing schedules is available at the bottom of this page for your convenience (subject to change without notice). Please be sure to schedule your proctoring request early.
Need to take a proctored academic exam?
We proctor exams for UH System students and Non-UH students. It is the student's responsibility to make arrangements with your school and us and to verify your materials have been received before arriving to take your exams. Please allow ample time to complete your exams within Test Center hours. Students must present a valid photo ID for tests to be administered.
- For UH System courses, our services are offered free of charge. Please contact us with (1) your name, (2) a contact number, (3) your course (like "SUBJect 245"), (4) your instructor's name, and (5) date & time you'd like to have your exam proctored. We'll either confirm your request or offer other available times.
- For Non-UH courses, the fee is $25 per hour (min $25/test) plus $25 for each fraction of an hour after the first hour. For example, 1 hour and 1-60 min = $50 fee; 2 hours & 1-60 min = $75 fee, etc. If your materials need to be mailed back, there is a nominal fee for postage and envelope. Payments are by check or cash only.
Received Exams List (Not maintained during Summer Session)
We'll post the exam parameters as we get them. However, sometimes things get busy, so please don't wait until the day before your exam to check. You may call us at 245-8306 to check if your proctoring instructions have been received. Remember, you need to tell your distance learning instructor where you are. Otherwise, they won't know where to send their instructions.
Need to take a COMPASS Placement Exam?COMPASS Placement exams are administered by the Test Center, however scheduling and fees are handled by Student Counseling & Advising. Please contact (808)245-8212 to sign-up for this exam or to make changes to your scheduled exam date/time. To learn more about this test, please visit www.act.org/compass/student. For additional practice questions, visit http://www.testprepreview.com/compass_practice.htm. (Aforementioned site is not endorsed by the College or the writer. Use at your own risk.)
Need to take a proctored entrance exam or professional certification exam?
LSAT is available in traditional paper/pencil format. Please check http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/about-the-lsat for more information and to register for this exam.
Computerized Testing (extra fees may be charged)
- ASE. We have partnered with the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence to administer ASE certification exams. You need to create an account and pay for your tests at www.myASE.com. Then call us at 245-8306 to make your appointment during our regular service hours. Please have available your ASE Eligibility Number and list of exams you registered for. On test day, you must present your valid government-issued picture ID, (drivers license, passport, or such). Your cellphone should be left in your vehicle or turned off and left with your proctor. If you have questions about the test or the registration process, please contact ASE from 8am to 8pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday at 1-877-346-9327.
- CLEP is now available. Please check http://clep.collegeboard.org for more information. You should also verify with your school that they will accept CLEP credits. Once registered, please contact us to schedule an exam date.
- DSST is also available. Again, please verify with your school that they will accept DSST credits. Once registered, please contact us to schedule an exam date.
- NCCT Certification is now available. Please check https://www.ncctinc.com/ for application and instructions.
- PearsonVUE Testing - A number of professional and academic exams are available through Pearson Vue. Please sign-up for these exams at http://www.pearsonvue.com/programs/. (Not all exams are available at our site. To see if your exam is available, use Vue Test Center Locator).
- PRAXIS is now available on special test dates during our regular hours. Seats are very limited (only 5 per session). The general knowledge exam and specific subject area exams are available for proctoring at KCC. Please check http://www.ets.org/praxis/ for more information and to register for these exams.
- In order to see test dates, you must select "Register Now".
- Upcoming Dates -
- T, Jul 21, 2015 - One session only - 09:00 am
- Remaining seats (as of 7/13/15) - Session I (2 seats)
- W, Jul 22, 2015 - One session only - 08:00 am
- Remaining seats (as of 7/13/15) - Session I (1 seat)
- F, Jul 24, 2015 - One session only - 09:00 am
- Remaining seats (as of 7/13/15) - Session I (3 seats)
- F, Aug 7, 2015 - One session only - 12:00 pm
- Remaining seats (as of 7/13/15) - Session I (5 seats)
- M, Aug 10, 2015 - One session only - 08:00 am
- Remaining seats (as of 7/13/15) - Session I (5 seats)
- T, Aug 11, 2015 - One session only - 09:15 am
- Remaining seats (as of 7/13/15) - Session I (6 seats)
- Additional resources: Hawaii Teacher Standards Board;
- ServSafe - Food Protection Manager is available in online form. Please check http://www.servsafe.com/students to find classes and to register for this exam. Once registered, please contact us to schedule an exam date.
What about other tests?
There are a few other exams proctored at our campus by individuals who are not part of the Test Center. For more information about these tests, it's best to refer to the various websites listed below for more information. The TC does not have this information.
- ACT? - Yes and No. COMPASS Placement exams are proctored at the TC and scheduled through our Student Counseling & Advising office (see COMPASS... above). KCC does not proctor any other ACT exams. Please check http://www.act.org/ for more information and to sign-up for other exams.
- GED? - No, KCC does not. Please check http://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/ for more information about this exam.
- GRE? - No, KCC does not. Please check http://www.gre.org/ for more information about this exam.
- ParaPro? - No, KCC does not. Please check http://www.ets.org/parapro/ for more information and to register for this exam.
- SAT? - No, KCC does not. Please check http://www.collegeboard.com/ for more information about this exam.
Test Center Coordinator
Created 2/4/2009; Updated 07/21/2015