- Want to earn a scholarship voucher worth $1,175, $1,468, or $2,775 to help pay for your tuition or student loan? It is valid for 7 years. If you don't use it, you may award it to someone of your choice.
- Are you doing a practicum, internship, student teaching hours, clinical hours, service learning, or are you volunteering in a non-profit organization and not receiving any pay (unless you are a Federal Work Study student)?
- Are you enrolled at least 1/2 time?
- Are you willing to conduct 300 - 450 hours of volunteer service in 1 year? Or 900 hours over 2 years?
- Are you a US citizen, US national, or Legal permanent resident alien?If you answered "Yes" to these questions, you are eligible to enroll in the Students in Service Program!
- Just 21 states are eligible to enroll in the Students in Service Program.
How Does It Work?
You must do these:
- log onto: www.StudentsInService.org
- Go to INFO FOR: STUDENTS link, click on it and read the Pre-Service Overview;
- Complete the Reflection Questionnaire and bring it to the required Orientation;
- Download the Enrollment paperwork; fill it out after the OrientationYou must attend an Orientation session. Here are dates for Kauai CC. Choose one of the sessions below.
Wednesday, October 5 at 2:00pm - 3:30pm, (OSC 105)
Wednesday, October 12 at 2:00pm - 3:30pm (OSC 105)
For these dates, rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Wednesday, October 19 at 2:00pm - 3:30pm (OSC 105)
Friday, October 21 at 10am - 11:30 am (OSC 105)
What Activities Qualify?
- Academic & co-curricular service-learning
- Non-paid, academic internships with a service focus
- Practicum hours such as nursing, counseling, firefighting, student teaching, and so forth
- Community service in education, public safety, environmental initiatives, community development, human services, social services, youth groups, government initiatives, and so on
- Most volunteer work, including tutoring, mentoring, stream and ocean restoration, volunteer recruitment