The purpose of the Honda Scholarship for International Study is to promote international understanding through support for international travel and study. The scholarship provides financial support for University of Hawaii Community College students with a focused and well-developed proposal who wish to incorporate an international experience into their academic program.
Five Honda Scholarships varying from $3,000 - $5,000 per recipient are awarded annually. The scholarship supports students in any field of study who participate in University of Hawaii exchange programs or semester or academic year study abroad programs sponsored by other institutions.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Community College students who are in at least their second semester of study at any of the UHCC campuses (eligible campuses include Hawaii, Honolulu, Kapiolani, Kauai, Leeward, Maui, and Windward).
- Students must be degree-seeking and can be selected from any field of study.
- Only Hawaii residents are eligible.
- Awards will be made on the basis of academic merit to students in good academic standing. It is expected that students will have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Consideration will be given to service to the community and other activities and experience of the applicant.
- Candidates may be enrolled part-time, but must be making progress towards a degree as evidenced by continuing enrollment and specific courses taken.
- Awards will be given for one semester, one academic year, or a minimum of six (6) weeks of intensive study or six (6) credits.
- Students may be awarded a Honda Scholarship only once.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 19, 2010.
For more information visit www.kcc.hawaii.edu/object/hondascholarship.html
Contact: Ken Kiyohara, Honda International Center, 808-734-9824, email@example.com