Embedded Tutors are KCC students who have excelled in STEM courses and who wish to facilitate positive and productive learning sessions that support the academic success of fellow KCC students who are interested in STEM fields.
What does an embedded STEM tutor do?
- Embedded tutors must attend at least one class session for the class to which they are assigned. In addition, they must provided at least two hours of tutoring outside class, be available by appointment for tutoring/sessions, and attend meetings and training sessions;
- Communicates courteously, professionally and responsively;
- Organizes and/or leads tutoring sessions for review/test taking purposes;
- Commits to a team approach and works with instructors and supervisory staff; and
- Maintains confidentiality, collects data, and keeps necessary records.
STEM Peer Mentors are KCC students interested in STEM fields who want to share their knowledge of STEM and the KCC Campus with their peers to form a sense of community.
What does a STEM peer mentor do?
- Assists STEM or potential STEM students in understanding and adapting to STEM course requirements;
- Offers insights on college success based on experience and knowledge of KCC;
- Shares information about resources and events at KCC;
- Attends training, as required;
- Participates as a member of the KCC mentoring “team”; and
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the status of mentored students.
For complete information on eligibility, pay rate, hours, and how to apply, please see the flyers.